Who we are
Ing. Ján Lalka, CFE
Ján Lalka, the Managing Director and founder of Surveilligence, has 21 years of experience in financial risk management and corporate finance, including 15 years of investigating serious financial crimes. He managed market risks for an international bank, was a project manager at a financial group which operated in the fields of venture capital, investment banking and restructuring. Prior to founding Surveilligence, Ján spent four years in the Forensics department at Deloitte.
Ján graduated from the University of Žilina located in Slovakia and finished his postgraduate studies in econometrics and applied economics in Bratislava. He is a member of the Czech Institute of Internal Auditors and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners where he received the title Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE). Ján is also an Associate member of the Insolvency research team at the University of Economics in Prague.
Ján has written many articles on fraud investigation and prevention which have been published in numerous trade magazines and national media.
His professional experience includes:
- Involvement in numerous forensic engagements in private firms both locally and internationally as well as a forensic fraud examiner in major municipalities and a responsible engagement partner in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany, Montenegro, Bulgaria, Ukraine, the Baltics, Poland and Kosovo.
- The projects included complex fraud investigations, tracing of company assets, fraud prevention reviews, investigations of financial statement fraud, internal audit assistance, background searches and the identification of undisclosed relationships. Ján participated in several large foreign investigations including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigations of Siemens and Daimler Chrysler.
- Lecturer at institutions regarding fraud detection, investigation and prevention at the London School of Economics, the University of Economics in Prague, the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, the Czech Institute of Internal Auditors, the Institute of bank education of National Bank of Slovakia and the Economic University of Bratislava.
Ing. Filip Volavka, CISA, EnCE
Filip Volavka is a consultant focusing on forensic technology and data analysis for internal frauds, data leaks and risk management and Czech IT court expert.
Filip Volavka worked three years as an information system auditor in Ernst & Young. Then he worked for 10 years in PwC as a digital data expert mainly in fields: computer forensics, cybercrime and data analysis. He has spent two years in Canadian PwC office in Toronto.
Filip Volavka studied information and knowledge engineering at University of Economics in Prage. He is a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) in International Systems Audit and Controls Association since 2007 and an EnCase Certified Examiner since 2008.
His successful projects include:
- Lead data analytics team that analyzed financial data for more than 30 entities of a multinational company (couple billion records) looking for bribery risks
- Managed data leak investigation for a large bank within CEE
- Assisted in administration of a large global financial institution. Reviewed IT infrastructure consisting of 2500+ systems, preserved the data from crucial ones and built a model to calculate client balances
- Investigated IT misuse case in a utilities company
- Managed and worked on number of large eDiscovery/eDisclosure projects
Due to the complex nature of our investigations, we closely cooperate with other experts from partner companies. Amongst the experts are lawyers, financial and internal auditors, security consultants, insolvency practitioners as well as specialists in valuation and corporate finance. We cooperate with proven and reliable detectives and investigation agencies to fulfil the specific requirements of our clients.